Tuesday, July 1, 2008

LAND HO!



"LAND HO! CAN SEE MAUI WAY IN DISTANCE BUT F@*CKING WIND STILL FROM WEST! ONLY DCENT PROGRESS WHEN HIT BY SQUALL. VERY FRUSTRATING! HOPE WE CAN GET TOMORROW AM. POSITION 21 DEG N 154. 43 W." --Yes, the latest text from my usually ever-patient honey Rich Trawick! I leave tomorrow for Maui, YAY! Hopefully my scruffy bearded husband will be there too, and his trusty, likely scruffy and bearded first mate/groomsman Jeff! Stay tuned for pics of Hawaii adventures! I have this book of vintage Maui postcards that belonged to Mom Trawick's dad, I'm going to bring it along and find some of the spots in the postcards! Other goals in Hawaii-- to seek out the perfect Haupia cake (coconut pudding/vanilla sponge cake) so I can replicate it at home (and turn them into cupcakes!) , and to eat lots of shaved ice!

**** July 2: UPDATE: text messages on Jeff's US cell phone number now works!! Wind has picked up and if all goes well, RT will greet me at the airport tonight when I arrive!!!

No comments: